Sparrow small bird that love to live close to human habitation. Lovely chirping sound of sparrows is barely heard in concrete jungles now.
This is because of
- Growing concrete jungles
- Plantation of new kind of trees/plants in new townships with no flowers and fruits
- Mobile towers which confuse their flying directions pre-hatch their egg
- Lack of food, water
- Lack of nesting spaces
- All kind of pollutions
- Heavy use of pesticides
So what can you do?
- You can provide nesting space to birds with nest boxes, which you can make with the shoe boxes or similar item or purchase one from here
- You can simply feed with grains or hang a bird feeder outside your house.
- Place a clay pot with water close to grains or bird feeder.
trust me you will again hear chirping sounds of sparrows and this would be the first step to save this small sweetie.
I got a cheap bird feeder from here.
I am planning to put few self made nest boxes this summers
I will post some pics when I see birds coming to nest box and bird feeder
Tuesday, March 27. 2012
(Page 1 of 1, totaling 1 entries)