I got my first MTB firefox cyclone in 2010. I am still having cyclone and it is in good condition. I thought to upgrade to a better MTB now. I am using firefox cyclone since quite a long without any glitch so I decided to find new MTB from same brand. This time I was looking for a full alloy cycle with disc brakes. I started considering Target D model and visited firefox bike station to inquire about it. Sales person told me that recently firefox had launch a new MTB model, Flextrail, which is priced slightly higher than Target D but then also has bigger wheels and better specs in some areas. Flextrail was not available that time.
Two days later I visited shop again and firefox guy told me that they have received flextrail model in 18 inch frame size. Before assembly I had a glimpse of bike in the box to confirm choice of color. Combination of orange and bluish grey looked stunning. Without waiting any further I confirmed them assemble the bike. It took about 30-40 minutes to complete assembly. I have added a bell, lock and gel seat cover to it and firefox guys gave me a pair of gloves as well. For all this I paid 24000 Rs. MRP of bike itself is 25000. So overall I think I got a good deal. Another good feature is that you can detach wheels easily when you want to carry it in car. I had detached front wheel while bringing it to home in car.
Today I took it out for 5-6 km ride within my complex. Ride quality is really superior compared to cyclone. Suspensions can be adjusted according to ride terrain. Disc breaking is quite precise. I think I have made the right choice and price is worth in terms of build and quality.
Here are the specs of bike
- Frame: Alloy hardtail MTB
- Front Suspension: SR SUNTOUR XCE, 100mm travel
- Shifters: SHIMANO ALTUS EF500 3 x 7 speed
- Crankset: PROWHEEL 24x34x42T, 170mm
- BB Set: VP BC73 Sealed Cartridge
- Pedals: WELLGO
- Cassette: SHIMANO TZ500. 14-28T, 7 speed
- Front Derailleur: SHIMANO TY500
- Rear Derailleur: SHIMANO ACERA M360
- Wheels: Alloy 32 Holes Double Wall Rims
- Tires: KENDA K1027 27.5” X 2.10
- Seat Post: ZOOM Alloy 27.2 X 300 mm
- Handlebar: ZOOM Alloy 660 mm , 31.8 mm
- Stem: ZOOM Alloy 28.6mm
- Headset: VP A71 steel 1 1/8” threadless
- Brakeset: Front & Rear TEKTRO M300 mechanical disc brakes
- Front / rear wheel & seat post with QR
Here are some more pics